|High School:||Glen Allen|
- "I made VWC my No. 1 choice because of the location and Coach Elliott (Brandon). Also, the fact that it is a smaller college makes me feel at home"
- Selected Virginia Wesleyan over Roanoke College and the University of Mary Washington
Hits: 2 – (at N.C. Wesleyan – 3/4/15 – G2)
Doubles: 1 – (at Salisbury – 5/8/15)
Triples: 1 – (at N.C. Wesleyan – 3/4/15 – G2)
Home Runs: NA
Runs: 2 – (Roanoke – 4/18/15 – G2)
RBI: 2 – (at N.C. Wesleyan – 3/4/15 – G2)
Stolen Bases: 2 – (vs. Old Westbury – 3/15/15)
Hitting Streak: 2 – (3x, most recent, 4/12/15 – 4/18/15)
2015 ODAC Sportsmanship Team
First-Year (2015): Played in 25 games as a first-year infielder… Connected on a two-RBI triple in her first collegiate at bat and start… Scored two runs against Roanoke College on April 18… Doubled against Salisbury University in the NCAA regional on May 8.
Before VWC: Competed in softball, basketball, and field hockey for Glen Allen… Helped the Glen Allen softball team to a 15-8 record as a senior, hitting at a .351 clip… Three-time first team all-district honoree… Two-time All-Central Region honoree, second team as a senior… First team All-Conference 20 in 2014… Team captain as a junior and senior… All-Academic Award recipient for three years.
Personal: Daughter of Dana and Roderick Richardson; parents attended Virginia Commonwealth University… Has one brother, Samuel.
Get to Know Kiersten
- Enjoys hip hop and rap, eating crab legs, and vacationing in the Outer Banks of North Carolina
- Favorites include the book "The Hunger Games," the movie "Breakfast Club," and the TV series "Scandal"
- A fan of pro basketball's Blake Griffin, football's Dallas Cowboys, and baseball's Boston Red Sox
- Self-description in 10 words or less: "funny, athletic, dedicated, trustworthy"
- My favorite aspect of being an athlete is: "knowing there is always room for improvement and, of course, the competition"
- People might be surprised to know: "my uncle was the first black mayor of Atlanta and is named after the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport"
- The most important advice I've received is: "when someone asks you if you are ready always say I was born ready" -- Chip Bailey