|High School:||Ocean Lakes|
- "I made Virginia Wesleyan my No. 1 choice because I felt like I belonged here when I can for my visit. My family lives in the area too, so if I ever need anything I have a place to go"
- Selected Virginia Wesleyan over Randolph College
Hits: 4 – (at Randolph-Macon – 3/24/15 – G1)
Doubles: 1 – (6x, most recent, at Salisbury – 5/9/15)
Home Runs: 1 – (4x, most recent, vs. McDaniel – 5/8/15)
Runs: 2 – (5x, most recent, vs. McDaniel – 5/8/15)
RBI: 3 - (2x, most recent, vs. McDaniel – 5/8/15)
Stolen Bases: 2 – (Sweet Briar – 3/9/15 – G2)
Hitting Streak: 5 – (3/18/15 – 3/24/15)
Sophomore (2015): Appeared in 28 games as a sophomore… Batted .380 on the year… Returned from missing several weeks of the season to collect hits in five of the final six games of the year… Homered in both games of a doubleheader at Lynchburg College on March 21… Went 4-for-4 with three RBI and two runs scored at Randolph-Macon College on March 24.
First-Year (2014): Hit a home run in her first intercollegiate at-bat against North Carolina Wesleyan College… Connected for two hits in the 9-0 win over NCWC and again in a 14-0 win at Eastern Mennonite University.
Academic Accomplishments: Presidential Scholarship recipient
Before VWC: Helped guide Ocean Lakes to a 14-5 record as a senior… Hit .467 as a senior… Two-time All-Beach District honoree, including first team in 2013… 2013 Offensive Player of the Year for Ocean Lakes… Honor Roll student… Academic Achievement Award recipient.
Personal: Daughter of Janice and Michael Henderson… Mom attended James Madison University… Has one sister, Brianne, a student at Longwood University.
Get to Know Blake
- Enjoys the music of Whitney Houston and spending vacation time at Lake Gaston, North Carolina
- A fan of baseball's Manny Machado and the Baltimore Orioles, baseball's Boston Red Sox, football's New England Patriots, and entertainer Justin Timberlake
- Favorites include the book "Firefly Lane," the movie "Kung Fu Hustle," and the TV series "Duck Dynasty"
- Self-description in 10 words or less: "fun, athletic, caring"
- My favorite aspect of being an athlete is: "being able to be part of a team"
- The part of my game I've improved the most is: "my attitude"
- My personal athletic goal at VWC is: "to just prove myself to everyone"
- If I could spend one day with a famous person from any time period it would be: "Manny Machado, because we play similar sports and I would love to get advice and marry him"
- People might be surprise to know: "I can sing"
- It's the year 2030 and: "I have a family that I can support, with a daughter and a son. I would have a loving husband and I'm not sure what occupation just yet"
- The most important advice I've received is: "shake it off, tomorrow is a new day" -- My mom