24 Taylor Galvin
- "I made Virginia Wesleyam my top choice because when I came on my visit I fell in love with the campus, the softball team and the coaches."
- Selected VWC over Randolph College
VWC Career Statistics
- Presidential Scholarship recipient
- Graduated 55th in a class of 370
- Senior class historian
- Helped guide Kempsville to a 17-3 record in softball as a senior
- Team captain as a senior
- Produced a .309 batting average and picked off 12 runners as a senior
- 2012 first team All-Beach District and second team All-Eastern Region
- Three-time Most Valuable Player at Kempsville
- Played AAU softball for eight years
- Daughter of Joyce Heine and David Galvin
- Has two sisters, Kaitlyn, a student at Old Dominion University, and Allison
- Enjoys listening to country, alternative, and hip hop, and spending vacation time in the Florida Keys
- A fan of pro baseball's Justin Verlander, pro football's Baltimore Ravens, and singer Britney Spears
- Favorites include the book "Soul Surfer," the movies "Step Brothers" and "21 Jump Street," and the TV series "Pretty Little Liars" and "The Lying Game"
- Self-description in 10 words or less: "athletic, short, fun, smart, sarcastic and friendly"
- My favorite aspect of being an athlete is: "being in the heat of the moment and making that one diving catch or getting that one clutch hit to win the game, and finally knowing that all your hard work all season has paid off."
- My personal athletic goals at VWC are: "to just be there for my teammates and being able to pick them up where they're down. I want my teammates to have confidence in me when I'm on the field and help carry my team to victory."
- The part of my game I've improved the most is: "catching, all aspects of it. The throw downs, blocking, framing, calling pitches and the mentality needed behind the plate."
- If I could spend one day with a famous person from any time period it would be: "Taylor Swift, because she seems so down to earth and I think we'd have a lot of fun."
- If I could participate in a reality show it would be: "The Real World. I love meeting new people and you get to go to crazy places."
- If I could possess one superpower it would be: "mind reading. I always want to know what people are thinking."
- People might be surprised to know: "I have aloneohobia, the fear of being alone, especially at night."
- It's the year 2025 and: "Im living in Pungo, Va., with my husband and kids and my best friend is living next door. I want to be a graphic designer and do some sort of inspirational/motivational speaking."
- The most important advice I've received is: "don't let the little things get o you and spend your time upset when you could be happy enjoying every second of your life" -- Jordan Gilkerson