42 Colby Heard
- "I made Virginia Wesleyan my top choice because I loved the atmosphere and it's a pretty great place."
- Selected VWC over Barton College
VWC Career Statistics
- Scored a season-high 17 points in an NCAA tournament victory (80-69) against Christopher Newport University, hitting on 6-of-7 field goal attempts; hit a season best seven field goals in a 79-66 win at CNU and again in an NCAA regional game against Williams College
- Pulled down a season-best 11 rebounds in a 68-65 loss to Randolph-Macon College
- Blocked a season-high three shots in the NCAA tourney game against CNU
- Averaged 7.6 points, 4.9 rebounds and 1.3 blocks per game for a 20-6 Tallwood team as a senior
- Helped guide Tallwood to a 20-6 record, the runner-up finish in the Beach District tournament and a berth in the regional tournament
- Honor Roll and Perfect Attendance student
- Son of Merry and Colby Heard Sr.; dad attended the Norfolk Seminary and Norfolk State University, mom attended Tidewater Community College
- Has one sister, Simone, a student at Liberty University
- Enjoys the music of Drake and Big Sean and spending vacation time in Florida
- A fan of the Atlanta Hawks' Josh Smith and actor Will Smith
- Favorites include the movie "Law Abiding Citizen"
- Self-description in 10 words or less: "I'm a very hard worker at all times."
- My favorite aspect of being an athlete is: "The hype and the atmosphere."
- My personal athletic goal at VWC is: "To become a better student-athlete and have a shot at winning a national title."
- If I could spend one day with a famous person from any time period it would be: "Martin Luther King, Jr., because he was very influential on today's society."
- The most influential person in my life is: "My parents."
- People might be surprised to know: "I'm a laid back person and I'm a very funny person."