23 Tanya Puccio
|Major:||Double: Biology/Hispanic Studies|
- "I made VWC my top choice because I loved the area, the school, and the people I met when I came to visit. I was looking for a school with small class sizes and a fun atmosphere and I found everything I was looking for in Virginia Wesleyan, and of course for field hockey."
- Selected VWC over University of California, Davis, Oberlin College, University of the Pacific, and University of California, Santa Barbara
VWC Career Statistics
- Scored a season-high two goals in a 7-0 victory over Indiana's Trine University
- Highest scoriring rookie for VWC in 2011 with four goals and two assists
- Named to the Virginia Sports Information Directors Academic All-Virginia team
- Scored solo goals against Misericordia and Sweet Briar
- Batten Scholar
- Four-time Dean's List Honoree
- Posted a 4.00 GPA in Fall 2011 and Winter Session 2013
- Owns a current 3.888 GPA
- Competed in field hockey, track & field, and tennis
- 2011 Field Hockey Federation Female Athlete of the Year
- 2011 National Futures Tournament participant
- Captain of Camarillo Cougars Field Hockey Team 2009-2011
- 2008 Moorpark MVP in shot put and discus
- Daughter of Merrilee and Daniel Puccio; parents attended University of Southern California
- Enjoys country music and the TV show "Say Yes to the Dress"
- A fan of tennis player Maria Sharapova and actress Rachel McAdams
- Favorites include the book, "Water for Elephants" and the movie, "A Walk to Remember"
- Self-description in 10 words or less: "I'm busy, organized, hardworking, fun-loving, and happy."
- My favorite aspect of being an athlete is: "the teamwork and the feeling of being able to contribute to a team."
- The part of my game I've improved the most is: "being able to greatly improve my skillwork and shooting techniques."
- My personal athletic goal at VWC is: "to be able to contribue to the field hockey team and eventually win some titles in the next few years! I also plan on helping the track team by improving my distances in shot put and discus."
- If I could spend a day with one famous person it would be: "Rosalind Franklin because she was one of the first scientists to nearly discover the form of DNA."
- If I could participate in a reality show it would be: "Wipeout! I actually tried out for the show and I made it past the first round but didn't get a call back. It just seems like a lot of fun."
- If I could possess one superpower it would be: "flying. It seems amazing to not be tied down by roads or waterways; you could go anywhere you want."
- People might be surprised to know: "I am a closet book worm! I just got an Amazon Kindle and I read it whenever I get the chance!"
- It's the year 2025 and: "I will hopefully have a job at Amgen or some other biological company and I'll either be doing research or creating medicine or something similar to that."
- The most important advice I've received is: "Most people's opinions don't really matter." --Dad