- “I chose Virginia Wesleyan because of the small campus and classes."
- Selected VWU over Mary Baldwin College and Hampton University
Before VWU: Earned the Coaches’ Award for varsity cheerleading as a senior after claiming the award for JV cheerleading as a sophomore… Class representative for the Student Council Association… Member of the Art Club... All-County Orchestra for viola.
Personal: Daughter of Harold and LaTanya Brooks… Has three siblings: KiAnna, Tre, and Indya.
Get to Know Jazmyne
- Enjoys painting, drawing, and working with children
- Favorites include the movies “The Wizard of Oz” and “Remember the Titans” and the TV show “A Different World”
- In 10 words or less, describe yourself: “I love to laugh.”
- What is your favorite aspect of being an athlete?: “being part of a team”
- People might be surprised to know this about me…: “When I was little my mom forced me to start cheerleading, but I ended up loving it.”