32 Cameron Young
- "I made VWC my top choice because of the environment and the campus were very appealing, as well as the fields of study, the friendly people, and also having family in the surrounding area."
- Selected Virginia Wesleyan over Georgia Southern University, Averett College, Roanoke College, Savannah State University, and Alabama State University
VWC Career Statistics
- Season high three hits, in four at bats, to help guide the Marlins to an 8-4 victory over Washington and Lee University
- Competed in baseball and football
- Led team to a 24-9 record as a senior
- .306 batting average and 22 RBI's as a senior
- Wildcat Award
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- Son of Almedia Young and Nelson Young Jr.; mother attended Tidewater Community College and father attended Norfolk State and the University of Missouri
- Born in Norfolk, Va.
- Has one brother, Ryan, who attends Middle Georgia College
- A fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers and baseball player Prince Fielder
- Enjoys jazz, hip-hop, and R&B music and vacations to Miami, Florida
- Favorites include the book "The Blindside" and the TV show "SportsCenter"
- Self-description in 10 words or less: "inspirational, self-motivated, and a team player."
- My favorite aspect of being an athlete is: "working and coming together with the rest of the team to compete and win against other programs."
- The part of my game I've improved the most is: "the mental side."
- My personal athletic goal at VWC is: "to become a starter as a freshman and help the team towards a good season."
- If I could spend one day with a famous person from any time period it would be: "either Ryan Howard or Prince Fielder because I look up to both of them as baseball playeers and I know that they could help me with my game."
- If I could participate in a reality show it would be: "The Real World."
- It's the year 2025 and: "I am in Philadelphia with my family and working in my field of study."
- If I could possess one superpower it would be: "to fly, because I could go on adventures with no traffic."
- People might be surprised to know: "I am emotional and passionate about anything I do in life."
- The most important advice I've received is: "no matter what you do, always make sure that you handle your business." --Dad