20 Ryan Thorpe
- "I made VWC my top choice because I wanted to play baseball for Coach Boothe and play near the beach. When I visited the school and learned more about VWC, I realized it had a lot more to offer than just baseball."
- Selected Virginia Wesleyan over Averett University, Radford University, and Liberty University
VWC Career Statistics
- Posted a 4.00 GPA for Winter Session '12
- Competed in baseball, cross country, and track & field
- Had six home runs as a senior, two being game-winning grand slams
- MVP as a junior in indoor track
- Second team All-District outfielder
- Most Improved Player in baseball
- Earned seven varsity letters
- Boy Scouts of America
- Son of Leah and Greg Thorpe; mother attended Virginia Commonwealth University
- Has one brother, Jason, who attends Virginia Military Institute
- A fan of the New York Yankees baseball team, the New York Giants football team, baseball player Derek Jeter, and actor Adam Sandler
- Enjoys country music and vacations in Florida
- Favorites include the book "The Outsiders," the movie "Batman: The Dark Knight Rises" and the TV series "How I Met Your Mother"
- Self-description in 10 words or less: "Quiet until I know you, laid back, competitive, good friend."
- My favorite aspect of being an athlete is: "I like to compete, I also like being a part of a team and getting to know people who share a lot of the same interests I do. Most of the teams I have been on have become my second family."
- The part of my game I've improved the most is: "Hitting for power."
- My personal athletic goal at VWC is: "I want to contribute to the team in any way that I can. I would like to be an all-conference outfielder."
- If I could spend one day with a famous person from any time period it would be: "Dane Cook"
- If I could participate in a reality show it would be: "The Amazing Race because I like to compete in challenges."
- It's the year 2025 and: "I am living in New York City and working for the New York Police Department."
- If I could possess one superpower it would be: "super strength, so I could help people."
- People might be surprised to know: "I have never lost a cell phone."
- The most important advice I've received is: "Don't ignore your gut feeling about whether something is right or wrong." --Mom