13 Josh Miller
|High School:||Chesapeake Greenbrier Christian|
- "I made Virginia Wesleyan my top choice because Coache Boothe (Nick) was a large influence in my decision, as well as the location of the school. It's near my family and they could come support the program"
- Selected VWC over University of Virginia at Wise, Rutgers University at Camden and Ferrum College
VWC Career Statistics
- Posted a 4.00 GPA Winter '11
- Competed in baseball, football and basketball in high school
- Helped guide Greenbrier Christian to state championships as a junior and senior
- Hit for a .475 average as a senior
- Second team All-Virginia as a senior
- Academic All-Virginia first team as a senior
- Greenbrier Christian's Male Athlete of the Year as a senior
- Son of Lisa and Craig Miller; mom attended Tidewater Community College
- Has three brothers: Jesse, Jamie and Jackson
- Enjoys all types of music
- Favorites include The Bible and the movie "Tommy Boy"
- A fan of baseball's Boston Red Sox and Derek Jeter
- Self-description in 10 words or less: "don't take myself too seriously, love to have fun"
- My favorite aspect of being an athlete is: "competition"
- The part of my game I've improve the most is: "hitting"
- My personal athletic goal at VWC is: "to win an ODAC (Old Dominion Athletic Conference) championship and compete in regionals and nationals"
- My favorite uniform number is: "three. It has a lot of meanings, spiritual and how many famous players have played with the same number on their back."
- If I could spend one day with a famous person from any time period it would be: "Ted Williams, to talk about the game of baseball and what he learned during his time in the game"
- People might be surprised to know: "I play the guitar in my free time"
- It's the year 2025 and: "I'm married, have children, and I'm living in the Hampton Roads area"
- The most important advice I've received is: "be humbe, work hard and lead by example"