31 Blake Miller
|High School:||Chesapeake Atlantic Shores Christian|
- "I chose Virginia Wesleyan College to receive a better education and build myself up through baseball, as well as academics."
- Only considered VWC in his choice for a college to attend
VWC Career Statistics
- Competed in basbeall and football at Atlantic Shores Christian
- 2012 Under Armour preseason All-American
- 2012 All-Virginia second team
- Two-time All-Metro Conference honoree
- Hit .446, with three home runs and 32 runs batted in, to help ASC to a 21-10 record his senior season
- Son of Terri and John Miller
- Has one brother, Morgan
- Enjoys country music and spending vacation time in Costa Rica
- A fan of the New York Yankees, pro baseballer Nick Swisher and actor Kevin Hart
- Favorites include the book "The Yankee Years with Joe Torre," the movie "The Dark Knight Rises" and the TV series "Sportscenter"
- Self-description in 10 words or less: "outgoing, hard-working, determined"
- My favorite aspect of being an athlete is: "being able to go out every day and push myself to new limits on the field"
- The part of my game I've improved the most is: "my defensive game"
- My personal athletic goal at VWC is: "to be the best I can possibly be both on and off the field, and to win ODACs (Old Dominion Athletic Conference)"
- If I could spend one day with a famous person from any time period it would be: "Roger Maris, because he is one of the greatest Yankees of all-time. I could hear his perspective of what it was like to play professional baseball during his time."
- If I could participate in a reality show it would be: "The Amazing Race, because of the travling and excitement that comes with the race."
- If I could possess one superpower it would be: "the power to fly because it was something I dreamed of doing when I was a child."
- It's the year 2025 and: "If I'm not doing something with baseball, I would like to be working for the govennment, preferably in the FBI"
- People might be surprised to know: "I used to play hockey and I wasn't too bad at it."
- The most important advice I've received is: "live everyday like it's your last because tomorrow isn't promised" -- Deanise Monroe