16 Colin Driscoll
- "VWC was my No. 1 choice for its easy transition from high school to college, the location and a relationship with Coach Boothe (Nick)"
- Selected Virginia Wesleyan over Salve Regina University and the University of Connecticut
VWC Career Statistics
- Competed in baseball and weightlifting in high school
- Hit .250, with 10 RBI, five doubles and one home run as a senior, helping Seymour to a 16-10 record
- National Honor Society member
- Ranked 30th in a class of 180
- Son of Lorrie McFarland and Mike Driscoll; dad attended the University of New Haven, mom attended Southern Connecticut State University
- Has a younger brother, Ryan
- Enjoys reggae and spending vacation time in Jamaica
- Favorites include the novel "The Great Gatsby," the movie "Goodfellas" and the TV series "Eastbound and Down"
- A fan of baseball standout Bo Jackson, the Atlanta Braves, and actor Rober DeNiro
- Self-description in 10 words or less: "small-town kid trying to make a name for himself"
- My favorite aspect of being an athlete is: "becoming brothers with fellow teammates and the feeling of winning"
- The part of my game I've improved the most is: "developing a much more powerful swing. I've also gotten quicker defensively"
- My personal athletic goal at VWC is: "to win the ODAC (Old Dominion Athletic Conference), if not the national championship"
- If I could spend one day with a famous person from any time period it would be: "President Kennedy (J.F.), because we have a lot in common. He was a very secretive man."
- If I could participate in a reality show it would be: "Pawn Stars, to see how much I could get for my Hank Aaron signed biography book"
- It's the year 2025 and: "I am living in a tropical location, with a beautiful wife and two kids, and working as a federal law enforcement agent"
- If I could possess one superpower it would be: "super speed, because I've nevr been fast in my life"
- People might be surprised to know: "I know most Bob Marley songs by heart and collect cigars"
- The most important advice I've received is: "it takes no talent to hustle" -- Coach Bob Kelo