29 Hunter Austin
|High School:||Patrick Henry|
- "I made VWC my top choice because I liked the atmosphere of the school, the location near the beach, and I have a great deal of respect for Coach Boothe."
- Selected Virginia Wesleyan over the Virginia Military Institue, Bluefield College, Lynchburg College, and Hampden-Sydney College
VWC Career Statistics
- Three time letterwinner
- Earned the "Hardest/Outworking" player
- Son of Kathy and William Austin; mother attended Virginia Commonwealth University and father attended Ferrum College
- Has one sibling, Kali
- A fan of the Atlanta Braves baseball team, baseball player Justin Verlander, and comedian/actor Will Ferrell
- Favorites include the book "Bleachers" the movie "Rudy" and musical artists Sam Adams and Jason Aldean
- Self-description in 10 words or less: "respectful, energetic, christian, marlin, dedicated, out-working, baseball, student, athlete, fearless"
- My favorite aspect of being an athlete is: "being a team player, competitive, and I like working hard to remain in excellent physical condition."
- The part of my game I've improved the most is: "the mental aspect of the game as well as developing good control over a variety of pitches."
- My personal athletic goal at VWC is: "to become a solid contributor to the pitching staff at VWC."
- If I could spend one day with a famous person from any time period it would be: "Lance Armstrong, he didn't let the small obstacles such as cancer get in the way of him winning more championships. He also created live-strong bracelets to help support many cancer patients financially."
- If I could participate in a reality show it would be: "Survivor. It takes true dedicateion, hard work, and courage to sustain the rigorous obstacles."
- It's the year 2025 and: "I will be a highly respected FBI agent, hopefully mentoring other college graduates interested in the same field."
- If I could possess one superpower it would be: "strength, helping others first while also working to make a difference in today's devastating economy."
- People might be surprised to know: "I like to bow hunt as I enjoy the sport as well as observing the habitat of wildlife."
- The most important advice I've received is: "stay true to yourself and believe in yourself in everything that you do." --Mom and Dad