5 George Annunziata
- "VWC was my No. 1 choice because of the college's focus. The fact that I am a name at my College rather than a number like many other colleges and universities. I also chose VWC because of the baseball program. Coach Boothe (Nick) is a great coach that I know will push my teammates and I to achieve success."
- Selected Virginia Wesleyan over the University of Rhode Island, the University of North Carolina at Wilmington, Misericordia University, and Wester New England College
VWC Career Statistics
- Academic Dean's Scholarship recipient
- Dean's List honoree Spring 2012
- Hit for a .380 average as a senior
- All-league honorable mention honoree as a junior and senior
- Honor Roll student all four years
- Also competed in soccer and ice hockey
- Son of Ellen and Charles Annunziata; parents attended Pace University
- Born in White Plains, N.Y.
- Has three siblings: Anthony, Christina, and Jessica
- Enjoys rock 'n roll , country, and rap, and spending vacation time in North Carolina's Emerald Isle
- Favorites include Dustin Pedroia's autobiography, the movies "21 Jump Street," "Ted," and "Talladega Nights," and the TV series "Family Guy," "Cops," and the Outdoor Channel
- A fan of pro baseball's Dustin Pedroia and the Boston Red Sox, pro hockey's New York Rangers, and celebrities Kate Upton and Bradley Cooper
- Self-description in 10 words or less: "determined, hardworking, sets high goals, never quits"
- My favorite aspect of being an athlete is: "being put up to things that are difficult and proving people wrong who may have doubted me."
- The part of my game I've improved the most is: "my hitting skills."
- My personal athletic goal at VWC is: "to play four solid, healthy years of baseball and achieve ODAC (Old Dominon Athletic Conference) Player of the Year."
- If I could spend one day with a famous person from any time period it would be: "Dustin Pedroia, because he has been my idol ever since he joined the Red Sox organization. His attitude and drive to be his best as a person and baseball player was strong even when everybody doubted him."
- If I could participate in a reality show it would be: "Surivor, because it looks like my kind of outdoor challenge."
- It's the year 2025 and: "I will be a North Carolina State Trooper, with a beautiful family and a dog. I will also have a Ford Mustang in my garage."
- If I could possess one superpower it would be: "the ability to fly, because it would make travel a whole lot easier."
- People might be surprised to know: "I'm an avid outdoorsman. I hunt, fish, and camp."
- The most important advice I've received is: "to never give up and to never let what people say get under my skin. Be yourself and be great" -- My parents