Begun in the Fall of 2005, faculty and staff advisors provide advice, assistance and resources for our student athletes as they strive to maintain balance in their Virginia Wesleyan careers. The Faculty/Staff Advisor serves as an advocate for students participating in the sport, and provides a valuable link between the student-athletes and the faculty.
In addition, the Faculty/Staff Advisor may develop a broader involvement in the student-athlete experience and contribute to other individual and team programs and activities. The team Faculty/Staff Advisor program will facilitate integration of the intercollegiate programs into the undergraduate experience of Virginia Wesleyan University. Presently, each of the 22 intercollegiate sports, plus cheerleading benefits form the presence of at least one faculty or staff advisor.
- Assist student-athletes, and coaches, in linking with college programs, resources and support activities.
- Provide job or graduate school recommendations as requested.
- Communicate to the college community the performance of individual student-athletes and sports teams.
- Support coaches in recruiting efforts as schedule permits.
- Attends the Dean’s List Recognition Ceremony for both Fall and Spring Dean’s list honorees.
- Attends the annual Spring Athletic Banquet to be recognized for their support of the integration of academics and athletics.
- Develop a meaningful relationship with student-athletes, coaches and the Department of Athletics.
- Witness and contribute to the physical and educational growth and advancement of students.
- Represent the team with team-issued gear and apparel.
Faculty Athletic Representatives
- Dr. Lawrence Hultgren Professor of Philosophy
- Dr. Susan Larkin Professor of English
2017-18 Academic Support
|Baseball||Chris Francis||Adam Ruh|
|Women's Basketball||Stephany Dunmyer||Dr. Joyce Easter|
|Men's Basketball||Dave Macedo||Takeyra Collins|
|Cheerleading||Desiree Ellison||Robin Takacs|
|Women's Cross Country/
Track and Field
|Krista Littleton||Dr. Kathy Stolley|
|Men's Cross Country/
Track and Field
|Mat Littleton||Dr. Scott Hinze|
|Field Hockey||Christina Restivo||Dr. Rebecca Hooker|
|Men's and Women's Golf||Rick Bidnick||Dr. Kevin Kittredge|
|Women's Lacrosse||Kendyl Clarkson||Thomas Liverman|
|Men's Lacrosse||JP Stewart||Crit Muniz|
|Women's Soccer||Jeff Bowers||Dr. Susan E. Larkin|
|Men's Soccer||Chris Mills||Dr. Wayne Pollock|
|Softball||Brandon Elliott||Dr. Hilve Firek|
|Men's and Women's Swimming||Mike Ginder||Dr. Doug Kennedy|
|Women's Tennis||Martin Perry||Dr. Antje Schwennicke|
|Men's Tennis||Martin Perry||Dr. Antje Schwennicke|
|Women's Volleyball||Andrea Hoover-Erbig||Dr. Kellie Holzer|